||Tatasberg and Ganakouriep Wilderness Camps
Tatasberg: The chalets are perched on boulders above the Orange River, with great views of the water and the mountains. They are comfortably equipped with two beds, en suite bathrooms, separate kitchen with fridge and each has its own deck on which to eat meals. There is no airconditioning in the chalets and the camp is exposed all day to the sun, the river is a 10-minute walk away.
Ganakouriep: This camp is deep in the mountains and visitors are required to bring their own drinking water. The accommodation is similar to Tatasberg - a permanent camp manager looks after comfortable and well-equipped chalets.
Each camp consists of:
- 4 x 2-bed self catering units with showers,
- 12 volt lighting system,
- fridges and gas stoves (hot and cold water).
- Should problems occur with the lights, paraffin lanterns are available.
- A caretaker is resident on site.
- The units will be swept out and the area kept clean but the washing of utensils and making of beds will be the responsibility of the guests for the duration of their stay.
Please note that the water at Ganakoeriep, Tatasberg and Hakkiesdoring is not suitable for drinking and it is recommended that guests should provide their own drinking water.
Reed Cabin Sleeps 2 peolpe
- 2 single beds
- Braai facility on deck
- Gas stove and fridge
- Guests to provide own drinking water and fire wood
- Helskloof closed. Access through Sendelingsdrif.
- Paraffin lamps
- Solar power, no plug points
- Universal accessible shower